Monday, May 16, 2016

A bit about me

Oh, hey there! How's it going? I'm glad you've decided to join in on my newest adventure as a book review blogger as I travel the world! This is gonna be so much fun..I can already tell.

At the moment, I'm journeying across America visiting family on my way to Australia. I've spent the last almost 2 years in Ireland. We're going to Australia for 6-12 months, and my goal is to find a job in animal welfare. I also own an online jewelry boutique at caffeinatedwanderings.com (find the fashion/boutique blog at Jewelry on a Journey).

Reading is one of my favorite activities; eventually, I'd love to call it my favorite vocation. My favorite part is that you're transported to another place for a time. A phenomenal author can make it seem like the characters are right there with you, or that you've become a part of the story itself. I hate ending a great novel or series because I have to come back to reality. Do you ever wonder what would happen if stories like those kept going?

I graduated from Queen's University, Belfast after completing my MSc in Animal Behaviour + Welfare in December 2015 and have spent the last nearly six months catching up on my reading list! If you take a look, you can see I have a lot to get through! I even decided to give myself a reading challenge this year, so I'm gonna read 75 or more this year. Thus far, I'm just ahead of schedule. Currently, I'm in the middle of the Undraland series by Mary Twomey. I've reviewed 3 of the books in the series, but they've all been 4-5 stars in my view. I'll post an overall review of the series when I finish it in the next few days.

Anyway, I discovered this website called Netgalley thanks to my friend, Bookish Mom! (Go check out her blog because she does reviews as well)

Let me say...this site is AMAZING!!! You can request books from publishers with the understanding that you'll post a review somewhere on the internet; i.e. Amazon, Goodreads, your personal blog, etc. Great, right? I have a few on my list now, so keep an eye out for the upcoming reviews!

Thanks for reading!!

3 comments: