Monday, August 15, 2016

Broken Prince - Erin Watt

 I can't with life right now...

I....wow...how...?

The words to describe how I'm feeling right now escape me. This book was...amazing! More than amazing. There's not a word strong enough. Why do I have to wait until October??? I NEED to know what is going on with the Royals and Ella....
 
Broken Prince was so much better than Paper Princess and lightyears ahead of what I expected. Yes, most of your questions left over from Paper Princess are answered, but you're left with way more than when you began!! Why the torture??

First off, Reed is an idiot, but we already knew all the Royals are a little bit (understatement?!)...messed up, but maybe that's why we love them so much. They're such honest + real characters (as in this could be a true story). I, personally, want Ella to slap Reed around a little so maybe he'll straighten up, but that's not the point. He needed to be a man and own up to his mistakes, and he does try to atone for them. I love all the brothers for the way they react when they discover the truth.

The ending leaves us with so many conspiracies, a multitude of questions, and overwhelming emotions... I'm pretty sure I nearly hyperventilated several times during the last few chapters; I sure didn't get any solid breaths... So much about this series is strange and more than a little confused, but the problems are addicting and the secrets - tantalizing... Anytime they reveal a bit more about what is happening, you find out a thousand more questions!!

Ella....I am in love with this girl! She really sticks by her morals and I love that she stands up for the people who need it most. She doesn't give in without a fight (sometimes, not at all), and she doesn't need anyone to be on her side (except Val). She really is too good for the Royals, but she truly holds her own when it comes to them. She fits, yet she doesn't. In a way, she's better than all of them combined, but she loves them so much that she finds her place among them.

If any of you read Broken Prince, please let me know so I can analyze everything with you! I didn't want to go into too much detail here and spoil the book for anyone, but I'm dying for Twisted Palace!

No comments:

Post a Comment