Friday, August 12, 2016

The Prophecy of Shadows (Elementals #1) - Michelle Madow

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

Get it for free at http://michellemadow.com/ for a limited time. I promise, you'll be hooked!

WOW! I absolutely LOVE this book. It's one I could read and reread and reread, again! Madow is very clearly talented and it shows through the entire book. I thoroughly enjoyed that the story line draws from Greek Mythology and some of the characters have powers because of their Olympian ancestry. I can see that this series will only get better as she goes.

The characters are very interesting and a few pull you in from the very beginning. I love that we are really thrust into the story at a critical time in Nicole's life and get to experience it all with her. At least, that's how I felt about it. There were times I forgot about the real world and became so engrossed in this story that I wanted to actually lean in and talk to her, or reach over and slap Danielle. The characters are very well developed and the plot is pretty fantastic. It kind of reminds me of Riordian's Percy Jackson novels, but more mature (not too much - still YA) and with a female narrator (I'm biased, but I loved the Elementals SO much more - and I really enjoyed Percy Jackson). Will definitely be looking forward to reading the entire series.

No comments:

Post a Comment