Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Love Letter to Whiskey - Kandi Steiner



Oh, Whiskey...the things you do to me! 

A Love Letter to Whiskey is a book that will stick with me for always. I got so into it that I couldn't put it down until I was nearly falling asleep reading it - and even then, I didn't want to stop!! I was absolutely breathless for a good majority of the book. I needed to stay in the world of B + Whiskey as long as possible. It's one of those stories that sucks you in from the moment you pick it up and won't let you go without branding itself into your head. The characters are clearly meant for each other from the beginning, but as with most great love stories of this caliber, they don't get it and keep blaming it on circumstances out of their control..which kills me!! I also thoroughly enjoyed all the comparisons to types of whiskey throughout the book. Being a whiskey fanatic myself, that really resounded with me + made me appreciate it all the more.


I love B for being such a strong woman. She truly stands for what she believes in and is flawed, which makes her all the more real to me. She is someone I'd love to know (want to be, even) because of her strength of character, compassion, independence, and her ability to embrace her flaws. She has family + friends who support her decisions and make her be entirely honest with herself even if she doesn't want to accept the reality at times.

Then, there's Whiskey and oh my damn...couldn't get enough of this guy, but when do you ever have enough whiskey? He is truly beautiful and the whole story makes you burn - start to finish. The love and respect this guy shows the people in his life is absolutely phenomenal. If I could find a guy so perfect, I'd never let him go!! Alas, I can never have him since, you know, he's a book character....but he'll stay with me forever.

When I got to the last few pages, I wanted to scream and cry and throw my Kindle across the room for so many different reasons. There are very few authors who have made me feel that much about a story. I never wanted this book to end, but Kandi has written a beautifully addictive masterpiece.

Now, go get #whiskeydrunk and then tell me how much you love it!

Amazon: A Love Letter to Whiskey




No comments:

Post a Comment