Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cursed - Sue Tingey (The Soulseer 2)

After reading Marked, I immediately went to order Cursed - such a great choice...


Cursed was amazing... You really see into Lucky's life and mind with the way Sue Tingey writes... These daemons are just like humans; no worse, no better. In fact, she could be writing of human society for all the aspects that she highlights. In some cases, humans are actually worse than the daemons. They care for and look after each other in ways that humans do not. She is truly a gifted writer. This series may have just moved to my top 5 favorites.

Lucky goes through so much transition in her quest to fit into this world that is now hers. She has trials that would break a lesser character and she manages to handle herself through it all. If I had a choice, I would definitely visit this world because it seems so interesting and real with these strange-to-us beings. They have such a different mindset on certain topics, while not being far different from us. 

This is a series I would recommend to pretty much anyone who's into fantasy and mythology. I got so into it that I had to stay up until I finished it. I couldn't put it down to go to sleep - I'm probably going to have to reread it. Hopefully the time between now and whenever Bound (book 3) is published goes quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment