Sunday, September 18, 2016

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass 2) - Sarah J. Maas

WOW!! The ending to this was so heart wrenching and intense. It confirmed my suspicions about Celaena and a few of the goings on in the story. As with any good novel, however, there are still questions to be answered....

I love Chaol. Yes, he's made a lot of mistakes, especially when it comes to Celaena, but you can almost feel how much he loves her!

Dorian is seriously getting on my nerves. I mean, yeah, it's good she has a friend and all, but he's going to destroy things with Chaol and probably with the kingdom if he keeps going the way he is. I truly hope he stays a better man than the king, but with this new power...I'm not holding my breath. Especially if Celaena continues to love Chaol instead. Men have destroyed worlds for less.

Celaena, oh Celaena...what are you doing?? I do get it, truly. She's been betrayed too many times to let things go. And the death of her soul-friend is simply too much for her to handle.

I truly believe that if they'd just try to be more open with each other they would stop hurting each other so much. A lot of their problems stem from trying to protect the other by keeping certain information secret rather than risking their hearts to share it. I sincerely hope they are able to get past this huge rift in their relationship.

Cannot wait to see what happens in book 3! How far will Chaol go to win her back and keep her safe? How much will Celaena sacrifice to keep her oath to Nehemia? And what is Dorian going to do about his magic??

No comments:

Post a Comment