Saturday, September 10, 2016

Obsidian (Lux series #1) - Jennifer Armentrout

To be completely honest, the moment I found out Obsidian was about aliens I nearly stopped reading. I am simply not a fan of alien novels. Not really my thing. However, since a really good friend recommended this to me, I decided to read at least the first book in the series. I am SO glad I did!! Daemon + Katy FOREVAH!

I am so in love with these two + Dee + a few other characters. This story is rife with love + betrayal + so many difficult stories. Also, I love that she's a blogger! I totally connect with her character. <3 She's so real and complex, but all the characters are multi-dimensional through the story. How else would you be drawn so far into this world of aliens and alternate universes? I also believe that if the bad guys aren't complex, they're not realistic at all. So when I find myself truly wishing a character ill, I feel it's an amazing story.

On of my favorite scenes in this first book is when Katy goes to the neighbor's house since the kids living there are around her age. She's simply going to ask directions, but the ulterior motive is to try to become friends with one or both teens. And man, there is some serious chemistry from the first interaction! I'm rooting for them from the beginning.

Armentrout has seriously made me an alien fan with this series, which is really saying something because any time I've experienced alien fantasy, I'm bored. This...well, I think aliens are pretty fantastic now! You're gonna want to at least try the sample, but you'll be sucked in within the first chapter if you're anything like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment