Monday, September 19, 2016

The Portal to Kerberos (Elementals #4) - Michelle Madow

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

 I've come to the conclusion that Michelle Madow is trying to give me a heart attack at a young age.. I cannot handle all the suspense!! Oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE IT! I really did not think any of the characters would make it out of Kerberos (the Hell dimension they travel to in order to save Blake - Nicole's boyfriend and the fire Elemental) in this novel...

I was really upset they had to travel there to begin with, but it turned out to be a really interesting, yet nearly lethal, journey for them. They meet a new guide and he turns out to be a godsend (quite literally). He saves them...numerous times. These kids really get themselves into a whole lot of messes - or trouble seeks them out because they're chosen to save the world. Although, why wouldn't it? They need to face the adversity and get through it to make sure they're capable of completing the task set before them. Either way, they're a pretty fantastic bunch, even in the world to which they belong... I was glad this one didn't end on a super major cliffhanger like The Head of Medusa, but since there's a 5th book, of course it's a bit cliffy...

Anyway, keep an eye out for book 5 - The Hands of Time - coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment